To Lose Weight
Lose Weight Program
Body weight is lost when caloric value expenditure exceeds caloric value from food or when caloric value intake is less than caloric expenditure during work or exercise.
Our trainer will help you to follow these guidelines when you engaging in a weight loss program that combines exercise and caloric restriction.
- Ensure that you are consuming at least 1000 to 1200 calories per day in a balanced diet.
- You should not exceed a 500 to 1000 calorie per day negative caloric balance, combining both caloric restriction and exercise.
- Include an exercise program that will expend at least 300 calories or more per day.
- Add resistance training to your program to add muscle mass.
- Include the use of behavior modification techniques to identify and eliminate bad diet and eating habits.
How Abot Eating Habits?
Eating habits can als be improved by eating regular meals. Individual who eat two or three large meals a day will have more difficulty losing weight than individuals who eat the same amount calories in five or six meals throughout the day.
Also eating smaller, more frequent meal spreads the enegy intake evenly throughout the day, making energy readily available for exercise.
Why Not Crash Diet?
It is human nature to search for a quick way to lose weight. It may have taken a year to put on that excess 5kg but we want it off in a week. Fad diets are popular because they promote rapid, temporally weight loss. Unfortunately crash diets actually result in loss of lean muscle mass, water and stored energy, not excess body fat.
As a result, individuals on such diets become fatigued early in the day and have hard time finding the energy to work out. Most people regard the rapid weight loss as evidence that they are losing fat, when in actual fact their body fat stores are virtually untouched.
To lose weight safely and effectively, it is important to eat a variety of foods from each of the food groups found in the pyramid, consuming enough carbohydrate to fuel exercise and lowering fat consumption for calorie restriction rather than following a restrictive diet.
Take action right now. The results are going to point you down the right path in 3 months time.